Friday, June 27, 2008

Viking Today... 6/27

Today the boychoir will be spent in Gießen.

The itinerary says they'll be going to "Mathematicum, Gießen" That sounded interesting. Turns out, it's sort of like the science museum, but it's more of a mixture of math and art. Looks very interesting, I wish I were going!
Front of the building
Huge Pi!

I can imagine it's hard to understand something like this in another language but the itinerary says they'll be getting an English speaking tour.

There's an exhibit where you make a huge bubble around your body... I'm hoping we can expect to see some pictures of our boys trying it for themselves.

Here's a bunch of other pictures right from their website.

There's a concert tonight at "Protestant Petrus Church" (in Gießen, I assume)

In the update from yesterday, Roger said they went to Leipzig. That's a little out of the way from the Schlitz to Gießen route (more than 3 hours is what the internet is telling me)... but it looks to be worth the trip. Bach lived there and is buried in a church there. This is a great view of the church and the surroundings. Since there's so many great pictures of Leipzig, I'll just link you to the map overlay with enough pictures to keep a person busy all day!

No comments: