Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Luxembourg Concert Review

Susan and Aaron Ziegler recently heard from a German exchange student that went to a concert. Here's what she had to say about the concert:

Yesterday night was the concert in Luxembourg. [My family] and I started our trip at about two o'clock. Within three hours we got to Luxembourg and there it became quite difficult because nobody we asked (and we asked in German, in English and in French) could tell us where to go. It seemed like the prostestant cathedral had never been built. But we finally got there just on time!!!

The concert was wonderful!! Really great! The whole choir did an awesome performance! Jack and Gray stood almost in the middle and sometimes it was hard to see Jack because he was hidden by another, taller boy standing in front of him. When they sang the old German [folk song], my grandpa started crying. We all loved it! And while singing their last song, Gray stood direct in front of me. It was great to hear him.

During the concert, I was really busy taking pictures of Jack and Grayson. I think both of them realized that! But I thought you, and perhaps they, might like them. My brother will attach them to an email tomorrow so that you can see them. I definitely put copies into my next letter, too, which hopefully arrives soon.

After the concert, we unfortunately could just talk to Jack and Gray just for a couple of minutes before Fransis wanted them to go. I gave gifts to them for their birthdays, which they accepted at once. My grandma gave some money to them because it is a European habit to give children spending money instead of gifts, if you do not know them well, but you still want to show that you like them. Both of them did not want to take the money, but Fransis said that it would be okay in this case.

Jack and Gray looked a bit tired but very happy. I asked Gray if he liked European food. His answer was "kind of" ;)

1 comment:

Corinne Olinger said...

This was off a German blog and then machine translated. Neat to read though.

Yesterday I lived a concert in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Luxembourg .
although it is a fairly small audience,
the Land of Lakes Choirboy's a very nice concert.

Really, these bright boys were really good,
but the choir director is also one of the best!
I must say that the "Blue Danube (was)
a pure gem was conducted with championship and feeling.
If you want to hear a choir in the great Viennese tradition,
then this is the right choir and the right choir director.

Voilà !" Voilà! "