Monday, July 14, 2008

Viking Today...7/14

The boys' itinerary only says they'll be moving from Graz to Munich as step one of their return for home. Looks like that drive is about four hours.

I think Roger said in an update that they were actually heading back to Eichenau, a suburb west of Munich, to stay with the same people that hosted them earlier in the tour. Looks like that'll tack an extra 20 minutes or so onto the drive. I'm sure the choirboys will all be excited to share the news of their time in Graz at the World Choir Olympics with their hosts.

Perhaps they will see scenes like these on their drive today. Unfortunately for the boys, they are leaving Austria to early to take part in the Lederhosen Festival. I'm sure they're very upset about that. (Actually, Riley probably would be sad to miss that...)

9 comments:

Diane Louise said...

A great big thanks to Bob and Stacy for hosting and maintaining the blog. It has meant so much to be able to follow the boys while they're on tour! I know it made my days go by a lot faster than they might have otherwise.
Now...on to the airport tomorrow! I can hardly wait.

Anonymous said...

I'll second that. This has been a great way of communicating and staying with it. I can only assume this is a lifetime appointment now.

My only hope is that Bob will post detailed usage statistics after the tour, unique users, page hits, geographic user location - Geek out! :-)

Anonymous said...

15th in the world for Sacred Music and 27th in the world for Children's Choirs is EXCELLENT!!! Thanks to Bob and Stacy for a great way to supplement our tour information. Also, Roger posted his 33rd update out of 34 days. 97% Let's get these boys home.

Mary Shay said...

I second and third all of the above! I'm really excited to show Ian the great job Bob & Stacy and Roger did. It will be fun for him to look back at it with so many cool details ~ and hopefully I can get him to fill in some more here and there ;)

Now I just have to wean myself off checking for updates all the time!

bob said...

I wonder if something like this would be fun to do for camp too?

Diane Louise said...

Knock yourself out, Bob...we'd LOVE for you to do the same for camp. Gotta love a top notch Geek on the team :o)

Anonymous said...

Aaron, you don't even know the can of worms you just opened asking for usage statistics from Bob. I think he has as much fun checking the stats as he does researching and reading about the boys' trip. Did he pay you money to put up that comment?

Anonymous said...

I can not tell you how proud we are of our American Boys from Elk River! Parents you should be so proud! I will be announcing their great accomplishments and starting my online radio show: Grizzly Groundswell with one of thier songs tonight! http://www.blogtalkradio.com/grizzlygroundswell and I have featured their accomplishments and your photo's on my blogs www.grizzlygroundswell.com

A great big Grizzly Groundswell Salute goes out to the Parents, the choir and the leadership that made this happen! Bravo!

Chad T. Everson

VJ said...

Do I understand correctly that the suggestion has been made for blog updates during Timber Bay? I would LOVE that!

-Vicky Duran