Friday, July 18, 2008

Stats!

Aaron Ziegler made a comment a while back that he wanted to see the stats of the site. There's nothing I like better than stats! Actually, I've got fancy graphs and map overlays and all sorts of nifty stuff to see the stats from the blog. I could go on for hours. But, since that's boring, here's the rundown of some interesting stats:

53 posts. 47 comments.

2,000 distinct visits
7,800 page views
23 countries
26 states
340 unique visitors

Each visitor viewed about 4 pages and spent 6 minutes on the site

Our biggest day for pageviews was July 10th with 763 page views.

The most viewed page (aside from the homepage) was the post on June 20th that had a link to a video of the boys singing in France. 265 views on that page alone.

Most of our traffic came from people clicking the link out of an email or using a bookmark but we did see a lot of traffic from myfamily.com and various websites associated with grizzlygroundswell.com

People came to our site while searching for mostly specific terms like "land of lakes choirboys" and whatnot. We got a few hits from people using search engines to search for "Riley LinDell" and a significant number of hits from people search for World Choir Games info and results.

The most interesting hit from search engines was probably the one that came from someone searching for "landesakadamie, schlitz, germany" (nothing relating directly to the choirboys) but the person who came to our site using that search term stayed and viewed 30 pages.

2 comments:

Zigman said...

Wow! How responsive is that - I just ask for stats, and they appear! I wish I had a turkey sandwich! And a '69 Shelby Cobra 500KR! :-)

Now, though, I've just messed up your stats. I can only assume there will be an update.

VJ said...

I was probably one of the people who found your site while Googling Riley's name. When I was researching boys' choirs before I enrolled my son, I came across Riley's blog by Googling "Land of Lakes Choirboys blogs" Riley's came up as he had just put a post about returning from tour (07) and spending all day recording.

This time I remembered he had a blog and was interested to see if he had written anything about the tour; I wanted to see from a choirster's point of view what touring was like. Instead I came across Viking Today.

I sure enjoyed the concert last night! When we got home, though I realized my daughter has nearly outgrown her sailor dress. I'll have to see if I can find another.